2.1

On June 9, I applied for this card and chose to Apply now pay later ($29). That same day I checked the status page and my application was being processed.

It said "Your processing fee has been paid and your application is now being processed. The processing time typically takes one business day. At this time, you can fund your account at www.firstprogress.com/funding. On their site you can check the status of your application, so I did, the very next day.

It said "Your application is currently being processed." Today is June 11, and I checked again this morning. It still said the same thing. At this time I decided to read the reviews and came across Pissed Consumer. Right away I found a number posted by Darnell who I would like to thank for posting it.

I called at 7:50am, was on hold for all of 3 minutes. I spoke to someone and canceled my application and told them I did this because of all the Pissed Consumers they ripped off. Thankfully I only sent them $29, which I should receive back on my card.

To all the consumers who are still waiting on a refund and used an acct or card, dispute it with your banking institution and for everyone who is disappointed, file a complaint with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).

I am rating Customer Service a 5 right now, because my wait time was short and hopefully I will get my $29 back soon; a 5 for Interest Rates that are advertised, and 1 or 2 for everything else, because I do not have a card. I hope this information helps, good luck to everyone.

User's recommendation: Make sure you see FDIC located somewhere on the paperwork or site; always use a form of payment that is hassle free (debit card, prepaid card, bank acct, etc...). Always have a number where you can call the company and interview customer service before applying for anything (I am adding this last step to my own check list).

Product or Service Mentioned: First Progress Credit Card.

First Progress Pros: No credit check, Up to 2000 security deposit, Idea of rebuiding my credit, Reasonable interest rates.

First Progress Cons: Not sure and didnt wait to find out.

Comments