map-marker San Antonio, Texas

This card is a scam

Their web page doesn't work. I can log in and it won't accept a payment. When you call they tell you to go to the web page. When you go to the web page they tell you to write them a letter.

User's recommendation: Avoid this scam company

Mayana Wii
map-marker Miami, Florida

On purpose

First Progress - On purpose
Great company to work with, really nt interested just doing this for media platforms.. this is too much
Kiesha D Imw

| map-marker Liberty, Missouri

Worst credit card ever

That is the worst credit card anybody could ever get you send in your payment and it takes up to 10 business days for it to post your account knowingly that they have already cashed that money order that check or took it out of your bank account and they still have not put on your account but you still have to wait that 10 business days for it to clear your account do not use this credit card

User's recommendation: Find another credit card

map-marker Perryville, Arkansas

Card never received

I have not received my card yet. It has been over a month and I have received a statement but no card
map-marker Miami, Florida

Fraudulently Altered Terms And Conditions

Applied and was approved for First Progress credit card January 15, 2024. The application was an instant approval application. The terms and conditions explicitly stated that I have 90 days to make the deposit to the secured credit card. This was again explained to me only yesterday February 16 when I called customer service at the 866-706-**** number. However I received some kind of notification which I questioned the legitimately of the email I only had until February 15 to make the deposit. I questioned this since my credentials were compromised and the responsible party clearly have the technological capability to *** my Internet access and give the impression for example "First Progress" card applicants only had up until February 15 to fund the account. It's also clear to me that whomever is responsible for this also have the technological capability to not only *** my phone and emails but can also *** into the other parties end and instruct employees to back up fake company policy like what I pointed out.

This can not be the doing of some random person or hacker because it includes financial institutions, federal government agencies, police departments etc. So it's my opinion as a African American it's from the federal level that wants to impede black men who have done what they were supposed to even according to their own laws.

I bring this to this financial institutions attention because the group behind this problem have been interfering in my life and prevented me from obtaining their own law.

Marcell Smith

347-990-****

User's recommendation: Maintain complete records external especially

Guest

You can’t even form a coherent sentence.

Julie F Otx

Verified Reviewer

They don't process payments then charge late fees

First Progress - They don't process payments then charge late fees
Updated by user Sep 26, 2023

Nothing has been resolved. I've now been charged fees that have run my balance over my limit.

Updated by user Sep 26, 2023

First Progress continues to add fees (that have now run my balance over my limit) and threaten to ruin my credit. While looking at my current bill I found contact information to the bank behind First Progress.

The only way to contact them is in writing.

My plan is to send copies of my account showing that I made two payments that were never processed and outline all the steps I've tried to take to correct their failures. I hope Synovus Bank will do what's right and finally get this mess fixed.

Original review Aug 27, 2023
I've made 2 payments within a month and NEITHER was ever processed. I contacted customer service and was given several excuses and told I could resubmit my payment. If they aren't processing the payments, how is it even legal for them to charge the $41 late fees? This is criminal beyond understanding.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Reporting practices are better than most
Cons:
  • There is no easy way to contact them to get any kind of resolution
  • Customer service is not helpful whatsoever
  • Do not process any payments that are made on their website

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Save yourself a lot of stress and headaches. Just don't use this company.

Zoya Ztn

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

It has the wrong number on my account so I can't create account

I want to talk to somebody so I can activate my card. But I can't because it says my phone numbers wrong. When I know I did not enter that wrong
Alyssa G Gty

Verified Reviewer

Been waiting for a new card for over a month

Updated by user Nov 03, 2023

They have not contacted me, and it's now been FIVE weeks and I still have not received a replacement card.

Updated by user Nov 03, 2023

They read my email from this site 3 days ago, but I haven't received any kinda big response from them at all.

Original review Oct 27, 2023
On Sept. 28th I called the main customer service line 866-706-**** to report my card lost and to request a replacement I confirmed that they had all of my info/address and they advised it would take up to days to receive the new card.
On Sunday Oct 8th I received a card in the mail but noticed the the new card had the same number as the card I reported as lost When I tried activating it , it didn't work via the automated system .

I was unableto speak to a reply because were closed.
I called again on Oct.11 and was told but a repl that there was some sort of system update which triggered the shipment of the dupe/deactive card to me. I was assured by customer service that a replacement card (with different lsat 4 numbers) was also on the way and that if I didn't get it by the end of the following week to call back.
On Oct. 14th I received a letter in the mail which had the PIN to the new card that I still hadn't received.
I called customer service AGAIN on Oct 20 to see if there was any update/info on where my replacement card was because I still hadn't received anything except for a PIN number to it. This time I was told that the agent couldn't see when a new card was sent, only that it had been sent and to call back if I didn't receive it by the following Friday.
I still have not received the new card, and now it's been a month since I first requested a new one.

I called agan today, Oct 27, and requested a supervisor, who was unable to help me, either.
I asked if it was possible to ship another card either expedited, overnight, or with a tracking number via priority mail and he told me that they could noit. I asked him if there was anything at all that could be done to help me considering it has been a month since my initial request. He said no. I asked for his supervisor, to which he said he would request a call back for me which I would get in 3-5 days.
I don't know what else to do.

I can't find any other phone number for customer service, and there were no email addresses I could find online, either. I hope you can succeed where I have failed.
Loss:
Cons:
  • High interest rates
  • Antiquated all around
  • Not very customer friendly at all

Preferred solution: A replacement card! I am unable to use my money for purchases without the replacement card I requested over a month ago!!

User's recommendation: There are other, far better secured cards out there..

Resolved
Tequita C Xnb

Verified Buyer

Resolved: Won't refund deposit

First Progress - Won't refund deposit
Updated by user Oct 06, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I was approved for the card, so they finally sent out a credit card in my name

Original review Sep 06, 2023
I applied for a First Progress Credit card but was denied. I paid the $100 deposit and was told that as long as the company doesn't accept it, then it will be released back to my bank account.

The payment was settled and taken for the deposit. Every time I try to talk to someone regarding my deposit, I'm put on hold for hours and no one ever answers. I've called over five times and each time it's the same thing. All I want is for my $100 to be refunded back to my debit card because I was denied the credit card.

Why take the money off my card if you denied my application for a credit card. Now I'm having a hard time getting back the money that this company took off after denying me.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Make sure you don't pay the deposit before finding out if you're approved or not.

Debbie C Opd

Verified Reviewer

Can’t get a person to talk too about fraudulent use , charges on my account!

$200. Charge on my account that I did not authorize, this month 12/12/23. 2 last month and I cannot get a live person to talk with.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Still looking
Cons:
  • Cannot even talk to them about refund

step c

Verified Reviewer

All is done to make you pay

Original review Oct 20, 2023

First Progress forces your balance to be at zero or positive at each month end so to make you forget and pay additional fees for nothing.

There is no automatic mailing system for balance, no automatic debit to your bank account when you have one.

It is a joke and unless you strictly have no other option, never use it. And if you use it, check online your account so to make sure to pay right on time without ever expecting any proactive information from them.

This is their business model: never informing you, never enabling to load the card in advance, so to be able to screw you with charges that should never happen.

Hopefully they'll have a major class-action which will give back their undue profits to the people who really need it.

They use the system at the fringe and should be forbidden to exist for TRUELY UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE. They should all be in jail for screwing the people and never come back from there.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Helpful when absolutely no other choice nowhere else
Cons:
  • Poor customer service
  • No automatic warning of balance before closure date
  • No automatic warning of over draft

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: NEVER EVER UNLESS NO OTHER CHOICE AND THEN VERIFY EVERY WEEK

Pheonix Dhl

| map-marker Los Angeles, California

I need to speak to a person because I never received new card. The automatic voice assistant asked for the last four digits of my ss security number and it activated what was the card I didnt get

User's recommendation: No customer service

Taylor R Hxr

Fraud

I sent 100 dollars for a deposit and ive been charged for a deposit. My money has been stolen by first latitude and i've asked them multiple times to correct this before the bill comes out and they continue to charge me.

This has negatively effected my score and has completly backfired on my goals to improve my score. Thanks. I have called so many times to have this fixed and was assured that it was when it clearly hasnt. I'm at my wits end with this company and as soon as I get my money back I want to cancel and tell everyone and there mother everyday until the day I die that this credit card company is a fraud who steals peoples money that are just trying to better themselves my establishing credit.

This company has taken what little hope I have to better myself and has ruined it. My blood pressure and depression is a direct source of you people lying to me and stealing from me every chance you got. I honestly dont know how you people sleep at night knowing you steal money and dont help people at all. I want someone to correct this because I'm misreable because of it.

Nobody seems to care that I worked really hard to save up that money for the security deposit and you guys take it and burn me like its nothing. Why wont anyone help me? why Do I owe $200 at this point. I sent 100 and now you say i owe you a hundred .

You guys robbed me and wont fix it and expect me to pay you more.

I've called 10 times not even kidding for the last 2 months and was told its fixed just to get an even bigger bill unneccessarly next month. Upi all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: no no no

Guest

I promise I feel your pain. It's time to sue.

Samantha R Mut

Scammed

First Progress - Scammed
First Progress - Scammed - Image 2
First Progress - Scammed - Image 3
First Progress - Scammed - Image 4
Ive been paying my bill directly from my bank account via echeck but one day I opened the app and there was a place where you could make a payment through the app, I thought finally, they've done an update and are catching up to current times, I had to put my account and routing number and made the payment, the money was deducted out of my account. A month later I get a late fee and when I called they said you can't make payments online, well who has my money then?

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't pay in the app

map-marker Kingshill, Saint Croix Island

My card expired can you mail me one

Good day I am calling for couple weeks now on the phone is busy I need a credit card my card expired My address is P.O.Box 2627 Kingshill.
map-marker Kingshill, Saint Croix Island

My card expired can you mail me one

Good Day my card expired I'm calling couple weeks now phone busy. I need a card my address is P O Box 2627 Kingshill V.I. 00851

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article