76 views
Verified Reviewer

Ive been a card holder for some time now unfortunately recently Ive had some unforeseen circumstances that occurred and all my bills got behind including my card (my son passed away). I called several times trying to make a payment with my debit card but was told I could only do it through my account or by check.

I also called because I made attempts to pay it through my 5/3 account but was told a couple times the address was incorrect so after verifying the address and it still not going through I assumed it was something with the bank. I went to another bank opened and account but before then...I sent in a couple checks unfortunately before First Progress pulled the money out of my account somebody else did. I just recently got my finances back on track and the end of February I called First Progress and was told by your employee that if I made a payment of $200 by what I thought before was March 31st however it was March 21st either way my $200 was paid by March 5th. I spoke to a total of 2 representatives after this payment have been made the first one told me my card shouldve been opened she was sending a request and it should be open immediately.

It wasnt. I called back, the next one said the same it should be open the next day call and check the next day. I did, it wasnt. The next man said he saw the request being sent and didnt know why my account wasnt open I needed to give him a chance to take care of it send another request and that should open it up immediately because he was expediting the request.

It wasnt. I just got off the phone with someone else that wouldnt even put a supervisor on the phone as I requested and he told me that because of those two bounced checks First Progress is refusing to re-open my account. That makes no sense when I had more than two people hired by First Progress tell me it would be re-opened previously. I also was told I had a credit of $113 on my account and Ill receive a check that hasnt happened either.

I want my account re-opened as I was told it would be.

Your people need to all get on the same page and definitely need to put supervisors on the phone when a customers request one. Also I recommend better training so one person wont tell us one thing and another saying something else, thats very unprofessional, exhausting and confusing.

User's recommendation: Make sure you're not given false information by customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: First Progress Credit Card.

Preferred solution: Open my card!.

First Progress Pros: Building credit.

First Progress Cons: Everything about my experience was horrible.

Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida